Wednesday 17 October 2012

Scenes from my apartment in Gaborone






After travelling for 28 hours and being awake for 36 give or take I arrived at my digs for the stay. The view from the plane showed the whole country was brown and parched. When I met with Mme Phoi I was introduced to Hamza who is a U of T student and here for 11 months. He suggested that "there is Africa and then there is Botswana". On my second day at the clinic I met the rest of the staff including two paediatric residents from McMaster.  Lots of staff and lots of names I will have a hard time remembering.
I have done some grocery shopping and prices are reasonable prices. Lots choice but who feels like cooking.
This morning I went to work early and join in a prayer service with patients and staff before clinic opened, very moving and occurs every morning. I spent the day doing a proposal for an Adherence Group and started looking at SOPs for counselling.
I am now relaxing it is 515 and almost dinner and as always a glass of wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment